Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Quilt Display


This last weekend my husband and I took a quick trip to Omaha. Our grandchildren were in a special program at their church, and we wanted to be able to take in the performance. While we were there we went to the "Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters", which is run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This visitor's center teaches about the early migrations of Mormon Pioneers and about their temporary settlements in the Omaha area. My ancestors were part of that migration, so I feel a special connection with this area.


In the visitor's center they occasionally have a display of one type of another. This month they featured a quilt display. I've never particularly enjoyed quilting -- it's too tedious for me -- but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the time, effort and talent that goes into quilt making. Here is a selection of some of the beautiful quilts that we saw. I can hardly imagine how many hours went into each one of these beauties...







These gorgeous quilts make me want to whip out my rotary cutter and mat and throw together a quilt. Of course, my quilt would have 10" blocks instead of 2" blocks, but still...